Summer seems to have finally arrived and I for one have welcomed it with open arms- and open air cooking! Each year I attend and host 4 to 40 person BBQs and its always the same old thing no matter the crowd – hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and pickles… perhaps an occasional potato salad. I am bored! I have vowed to make this years BBQ’s more creative than that- there’s just no reason not to! I know its an American tradition to grill up those links of processed meat and throw them on a bun, and I’m not dissin’ the dogs, (I can frequently be caught on the unnecessary long line at Walter’s Hot Dogs ordering up my ‘dog with mustard mix’) but I am determined to take take it up a notch this year. Take the BBQ challenge with me my friends and ditch the dogs this summer and skewer up some shrimp!
Grill Favorites… send me yours!
- BBQ sauce marinated chicken breasts
- Grilled zucchini with garlic, chili pepper, evoo, salt & pepper
- Grilled eggplant with balsamic drizzle
- Grilled Portobellos with honey and Worcestershire
- Grilled Asparagus with evoo, salt, pepper and lemon
- BBQ shrimp kabobs
- Teriyaki Marinated flank steak
- BBQ basted salmon
- grilled mahi mahi on a roll
- Grilled tomatoes
For when tomatoes are in season try:
This recipe from Tyler Florence